PHP is a MUST for students and working professionals to become a great Software Engineer specially when they are working in Web Development Domain. I will list down some of the key advantages of learning PHP:[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][ul]
- PHP is a recursive acronym for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor”.
- PHP is a server side scripting language that is embedded in HTML. It is used to manage dynamic content, databases, session tracking, even build entire e-commerce sites.
- It is integrated with a number of popular databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- PHP is pleasingly zippy in its execution, especially when compiled as an Apache module on the Unix side. The MySQL server, once started, executes even very complex queries with huge result sets in record-setting time.
- PHP supports a large number of major protocols such as POP3, IMAP, and LDAP. PHP4 added support for Java and distributed object architectures (COM and CORBA), making n-tier development a possibility for the first time.
- PHP is forgiving: PHP language tries to be as forgiving as possible.
- PHP Syntax is C-Like.
<html> <head> <title>Hello World</title> </head> <body> <?php echo "Hello, World!";?> </body> </html>[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Applications of PHP”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]As mentioned before, PHP is one of the most widely used language over the web. I’m going to list few of them here:[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][ul]
- PHP performs system functions, i.e. from files on a system it can create, open, read, write, and close them.
- PHP can handle forms, i.e. gather data from files, save data to a file, through email you can send data, return data to the user.
- You add, delete, modify elements within your database through PHP.
- Access cookies variables and set cookies.
- Using PHP, you can restrict users to access some pages of your website.
- It can encrypt data.