A data structure is a way of organizing data items such that data items can be
A data structure is a way of organizing data items that considers not only the
items stored, but also their relationship to each other.
Types of data Structure:
Primitive data structure:
The data structures that are directly operated by machine level instructions are
known as primitive data structures.
Following are the primitive data structure:
(a) Integer :
– Integer is a represent numbers.
– The set of integer is:
– The number having decimal point is called real number.
– In this method the real number is expressed as a combination of mantissa and exponent.
– Any symbol from the set [a-z][A-Z][0-9] and from other special symbol.
– A character is represented in memory as a sequence bits.
– A logical data item is a primitive data structure that can assume the value of either “true” or “false”.
– Most commonly used logical operators are AND, OR, and NOT.
– Pointer is a variable which stores the memory address of other variable.
– It provides faster insertion and deletion of elements.
Non Primitive data structure:
The data structures that are not directly operated by machine level instructions are known as non-primitive data structure.
There are two types of non primitive data structure:
1. Linear Data Structure
2. Non Linear Data Structure